Monthly Archives: January 2011
• Overview of the Hotel: Situated at the canal bank this sophisticated hotel provides the luxurious rooms, traditional restaurant and a panoramic roof terrace. The St. Mark’s Square is about 5 minutes from here. Situated in an old building, Starhotels Splendid Venice is a real mixture of luxury, tradition and contemporary design. The hotel has its own personal pier if one is willing to travel by gondola or motor boat. There you can enjoy the best Venetian cuisine as in style and in an intimate atmosphere in the restaurant. The hotel has about 165 rooms and it is the chain of the Starhotels.
• Amenities at the Hotel: With perspective of services and facilities in the hotel one can enjoy the following ones as restaurant, 24-hour front desk, newspapers, non-smoking rooms, rooms/facilities for disabled guests, elevator, safe, soundproofed rooms, heating, baggage storage, room service, babysitting, child services, laundry, dry cleaning and currency exchange.
• Hotel Rules: For the hotels rules they are common at the uniform at the common areas of the hotel, however, they gets varied as according to the type of room a person stays in. The check in time into the hotel is 14:00 hours and the checkout time is until 12:00 hours. The cancellation and prepayment policies in the hotel vary according to the room type. Pets there are allowed on request without any extra charge. The hotel accepts credit cards like American Express, Visa, Euro/Mastercard and Diners Club.
• Hotel Room Types and Rates:
Superior Double Room: € 221 (Per Night)
Superior Double Room with Canal View: € 320 (Per Night)
Deluxe Double Room: € 300 (Per Night)
Deluxe Double Room with Canal View: € 360 (Per Night)
Suite: € 560 (Per Night)
Superior Triple Room: € 330 (Per Night)
Murano beads are elaborate glass beads which exhibits the pattern and designing as inspired from the Venetian glass artists. Since 1291, the Murano glassmakers from Venic are employing the ultra and refined technologies and methods as crystalline glass, enamelled glass (smalto), glass with threads of gold (aventurine), multicoloured glass (millefiori), milk glass (lattimo) and imitation gemstones prepared from glass producing beads and glasswork that is absolutely unparallel anywhere in the world.
The manufacturing process of Murano bead starts from the well production of color canes. The chemical compounds there include things as the color fabrication with absolute precision and sensitivity to be mixed up accurately. Aquamarine there is prepared with the employment and use of copper and cobalt and ruby red that is achieved through the use of a gold solution as a coloring agent. While preparing the Murano beads, there prominence is adopted with the wound lampworking or torch and mandrel technique, a pattern that was invented by the famous Murano glass-master as in the 18th century.
In the entire process of preparing the bead the most time consuming mean is the preparing each bead that is made as independently and individually. With the use of torch for heat, Murano glass canes and tubes are heated to a molten state and than are enclosed over a around a metal rod till the desired shape is not attained. There many layers of different colored glass as well as gold and silver leaf are made to produce out the required effort from there.
There many types of bead are prepared with different features and attributes as Wedding cake beads that are decorated with glass overlays featuring roses, swirls and dots) and Venetian foil beads that are prepared by fusing the color, gold and silver foil and these e are two different kinds of bead which are prepared employing the lamp-work method.
Seedbeads or Conterie are different types of beads as from what has been discussed just above, they are small, round beads. In order to prepare these beads, there hollow tubes of color are formed and then are chopped and re-fired for perfection and shade. These types of bead are prepared at about the end of the 14th Century, these beads are prepared from hollow cane and involves as six layers of glass: white, blue, white, brick red, white and ultimately blue. After coloring these beads it are grounded to bring out the five concentric stars as with about twelve points. Then next canes are further cut into various segregated pieces. The Chevron beads are differentiated by a red, white and blue zigzag pattern. The beads are also termed as Millefiori. And there are also many other forms and items of the bead.
• Overview of the Hotel: This hotel provides very good accommodation along with best services, beautiful, interiors and even other great facilities. This particular hotel is situated at the Grand Canal that is Venice’s oldest addresses. Centurion Palace is situated in a building of 1892 that mixes up the time with modern design interiors. Here you will get a fitness center, private gardens and a very personal gondola trip. Hotel has about total fifty rooms and it is the chain of Small Luxury Hotels of the World.
• Amenities at the Hotel: With respect to general facilities in the hotel, the prominent ones include as restaurant, bar, 24-hour front desk, newspapers, grounds, non-smoking rooms, elevator, express check-in/check-out, safe, soundproofed rooms, heating, design hotel, baggage storage, gay friendly, air conditioning, restaurant. It includes services like as room service, meeting/banquet facilities, laundry, tour desk and fax/photocopy.
• Hotel Rules: There are some certain rules in the hotel and as impetrative for every coming guest to follow. However, these hotel rules can change according to a person who is staying in the hotel. The check in time into hotel is 14:00 – 00:00 hours and check out time is between 01:00 -12:00 hours. The cancellation and prepayment policy in the hotel varies according to the room type. Pets are allowed in the hotel free of any charge. Hotel accepts cards like American Express, Visa, Euro/Mastercard, Diners Club and CartaSi.
• Hotel Room Types and Rates:
Superior Double Room: € 257.40 (Per Night)
Deluxe Double Room: € 326.70 (Per Night)
Triple Room: € 425.70 (Per Night)
Superior Junior Suite: € 425.70 (Per Night)
Deluxe Junior Suite – Grand Canal View: € 594 (Per Night)